You’ve used the App Store if you’ve ever downloaded third-party applications for your iPhone. The only actual means to access apps on the iPhone is through the App Store because Apple forbids side-loading software on the iPhone for security concerns, and third party app stores aren’t yet accessible for iOS. Because of this, it can be upsetting when the App Store is missing from your iPhone. Don’t worry if you’re having the similar problem with your device. Here are 7 solutions to the iPhone’s missing App Store problem.
7 Working Methods to Fix App Store Missing from iPhone (2022)
1. Use Spotlight to Find App Store
You might have forgotten about the App Store after inadvertently moving it to a different folder while designing your iPhone home screen. You can use the iPhone’s Spotlight search in this circumstance.
- Just swipe down from the middle of the screen to bring up the Spotlight search and type App Store.
- If the app shows up in the search result, just tap on it and you are good to go!
For future convenience, you can also drag the icon from the Spotlight search results onto your Home Screen.
2. Use App Library to Easily Find Missing App Store
App Library, which debuted in iOS 14, automatically groups your apps into various categories, making it easier to find an app. As a result, you should use the App Library to easily access the App Store rather than switching between pages on your home screen.
- Swipe towards the left from the right to access the App Library. If you have several home screen pages, you will need to swipe multiple times to access the App Library. Now, check out the Utilities section to spot the App Library.
- Alternately, tap on the search bar at the top and enter App Store. The app will instantly show up.
3. Make Sure App Store is Not on a Hidden Home Screen Page
You can hide home screen pages in iOS versions as recent as iOS 15 and iOS 14. As a result, you can avoid having to delete some unpleasant apps by keeping them hidden. Therefore, make sure the App Store is not on a hidden home screen page.
- Touch and hold the empty area of the screen and tap the horizontal dots at the bottom.
- Now, take a close look at the thumbnails of the home screen pages to find the one where the App Store is placed. After that, tap the tiny circle at the bottom of the home page s thumbnail. Make sure to tap Done to confirm your action.
4. Ensure That App Store is Not Restricted
You can limit the number of apps that can be installed on your iPhone or iPad using Screen Time, which is a parental control tool. Check to see whether the App Store has not been limited on your smartphone by you or a member of your family.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and choose Screen Time.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. After that, ensure that the toggle next to Content & Privacy Restrictions is turned on. Then, tap iTunes & App Store Store Purchases.
- Next up, tap Installing Apps and choose Allow.
5. Reset Home Screen Layout
Resetting the home screen layout is a tried-and-true method you should use to locate the iPhone’s hidden App Store app. Your home screen will be cleaned up, returning the layout to its original configuration.
- Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap General.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad, and then hit Reset.
- Next, tap Reset Home Screen Layout and confirm by tapping Reset Home Screen in the menu that pops up from the bottom.
- In iOS 14 or earlier, head over to the Settings app -> General -> Reset -> Reset Home Screen Layout -> Reset Home Screen.
6. Reset All Settings
On your iPhone, the App Store is still missing. So perhaps it’s time to try wiping your iPhone’s settings clean.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap General.
- Now, tap Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad at the bottom of the screen and hit Reset.
- Next, tap Reset All Settings and confirm.
- In iOS 14 or earlier, go to the Settings app -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings -> Reset All Settings.
7. Update Software on Your iPhone or iPad
Try updating the software if you haven’t been able to locate the missing App Store on your iOS device. A uncommon software bug can be the cause of the issue. Consequently, updating the operating system might fix it.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap General.
- Now, tap Software Update and then download and install the latest version of iOS/iPadOS on your device.
Get the App Store Back on iPhone Easily
It’s finished! I hope your gadget has the App Store back. My personal experience indicates that this problem is frequently caused by messed-up settings or a disorganised layout. Therefore, in the majority of cases, fixing these principles will enable you to address the issue. Which of these fixes, by the way, made it easier for you to locate the App Store on your device? Please tell us in the comments.