While Chrome OS is much lighter and faster than Windows, it occasionally has strange, unexpected issues. The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue on Windows systems is analogous to the Chrome is missing or damaged message on Chrome OS. There is no simple way to reverse this situation on a Chromebook, and you risk losing your local files. Nevertheless, in this article we go over the recovery procedures in great depth to help you get your Chromebook working again. Let’s get started right away and discover how to resolve the Chrome is missing or damaged problem.
Fix Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged Error
1. To enter the Chrome Recovery Window if your Chrome OS screen is broken or missing, press the shortcut Ctrl + D. To reset your Chromebook, first press the Enter key and then adhere to the on-screen directions. The local storage on your device will be totally erased throughout this process, so keep that in mind. However, your Chromebook will resume operating correctly after the reset procedure.
2. In the event that the Ctrl + D keyboard shortcut is ineffective, you will need to use a different computer to produce a recovery media. To make the recovery media, you can use any operating system, including Windows, macOS, and Chrome OS itself. Simply install this Chromebook recovery tool app on your Chrome browser to get started.
3. After installing the recovery tool, insert a thumb drive or SD card into the computer. Launch the app now, then select Get Started.
4. In order for it to download the correct Chrome OS image for your device, you must select the Chromebook models below. Click the Continue button after that.
5. Select the removable device (thumb drive or SD card) on the following screen and press the Continue button. Finally, it will automatically make the recovery disc and download the image.
6. When you’re on the Chrome OS damaged or missing screen, put the thumb drive or SD card into your broken Chromebook. You can then recover your Chromebook by following the on-screen instructions after it immediately detects the recovery media. The issue “Chrome is missing or damaged” will finally be fixed. Keep in mind that throughout this process, the local storage will be totally deleted.
Resolve Chrome OS is Missing or Damaged Error Right Now
So that’s how Chrome OS missing or damaged error can be fixed. If you’re wondering what causes the Chrome OS is missing or damaged problem, it typically results from input/output errors and system file corruption. It is disappointing because once it happens, you cannot get your files back. Therefore, it is recommended that you keep Google Drive and your local files and folders in sync. That’s all we have to say, though. Please let us know in the comments section below if you found the post to be useful.