Notifications were a major issue in both Android and iOS two years ago. For the end user, it was far too busy and difficult to navigate. Google introduced Notification channels with the release of Android Oreo, which simplified notifications through native APIs. With iOS 12, Apple introduced grouped notifications as well, following in Google’s footsteps. As a result of all of this, messaging apps like WhatsApp received a plethora of additional capabilities, including detailed notification control. With a configurable timing and notification tone, users can now tailor WhatsApp notifications depending on specific connections. We will go through all the choices and discover how to personalise WhatsApp notifications on Android and iOS devices in this article.
Customize WhatsApp Notification
In the following section, we’ll look at how you can adjust WhatsApp notifications using both in-app settings and built-in iOS and Android notification settings. You are welcome to skip to the part of the article you want to read.
Customize WhatsApp Notification with Notification Channels on Android
1. Tap on Apps and Notifications in the Settings app. Find WhatsApp and launch it here.
2. To get all the customization options, tap on App notifications now. Here, you may choose to turn off any notification kind that you don’t want to get.
3. In addition, you may control notifications in more detail. You can select Group notifications, for instance, and customise your preferences for group chat notifications.
4. Depending on your preference, you will receive sound-based, soundless, or silent notifications.
If you select urgent, a pop-up message and a sound will alert you. Other settings, including the notification dot, messages displayed on the lock screen, and DND override, are also customizable.
Customize WhatsApp Notification with In-App Settings
5. By pressing on Message notifications, you can also personalise the notification for certain chats. Select the importance level and sound options here. There are further alternatives available.
1. Open the contact conversation you wish to customise in WhatsApp and start it to configure notifications for specific contacts.
Simply tap on Mute Notifications, choose the time frame, then hit on Ok to prevent notifications.
Customize WhatsApp Notification on iOS
2. Tap on Custom notifications and turn on Use personalised notifications to set up custom notifications for a contact.
For that specific contact, you may select the notification tone, vibration mode, message pop-up, and everything else here. The call notifications can also be customised.
3. Open WhatsApp Settings and select Notifications to handle notifications globally.
Conversation tones and other settings for individual chat, group messages, and calls are all selectable.
Customize WhatsApp Notification and Save Your Time
1. Click on Notifications after opening Settings. WhatsApp is tapable once you scroll down.