It is undeniable that Facebook is no longer as fashionable and well-liked as it once was. In fact, the largest social media platform owned by Meta lost 1 million daily users for the first time ever in the fourth quarter of 2021. Here is how to deactivate your Facebook account on the website, Android, and iPhone, whether you intend to take a break from Facebook or are no longer interested in utilising the platform.
Steps to Deactivate Facebook Account (2022)
Difference Between Deactivating and Deleting Facebook Account
There is a big distinction between deactivating and deleting your Facebook account, despite the fact that most individuals use these terms synonymously. Deleting your Facebook account is permanent and cannot be undone after 30 days, whereas deactivating it is a temporary remedy.
When you deactivate your account, any Facebook pages that are connected to it will also be deleted. Similar to this, when you remove your account on Facebook, all associated pages are also deleted. In a word, you should deactivate your account if you intend to take a temporary break from Facebook. However, people who want to permanently stop using Facebook should erase their accounts.
Deactivate Facebook Account on the Web
1. Log into your Facebook account online, select Settings & privacy from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner.
2. To access your Facebook settings, choose Settings from the expanded Settings & privacy menu.
3. Select Your Facebook Information from the left sidebar and click on the Deactivation and deletion option.
4. Next, select Deactivate Account and press the blue Account Deactivation Continue button.
5. Facebook will now prompt you to authenticate by entering your password. To continue, enter your Facebook password and click Continue.
6. Select a justification for leaving Facebook at this point. Facebook doesn’t allow users to turn off automatic account reactivation when you want, which appears to be a classic growth hack manoeuvre. This is only passing. I’ll be coming back as stated on the internet. So, we advise that you select one of the alternative choices.
7. Select if you want to continue using Messenger and turn off Facebook emails by scrolling down. If you’re not interested, leave the checkbox empty and select Deactivate.
8. To momentarily disable your Facebook account, click Deactivate Now from the confirmation popup that just appeared.
9. After returning you to the login screen, Facebook will request you to confirm that your account has been disabled. Later, you can revive your account by logging in using your Facebook credentials.
Deactivate Facebook Account on Android
1. Launch the Facebook application and select the hamburger menu in the top-right corner. Select Settings after tapping on Settings & Privacy.
2. Click Account Settings, Personal and Account Information, and Account Ownership and Control to display Facebook-specific settings.
3. Select the Deactivate account toggle under Deactivation and deletion. After doing so, select Continue to account deactivation.
4. Select a justification for deactivating your Facebook account now. When using Instagram, you can decide to turn off automatic reactivation, unlike Facebook on the web. This is only passing. I’ll explain the situation on Facebook’s mobile apps later. Select the automatic reactivation date using the drop-down menu after selecting the cause.
5.Click Continue after changing automatic reactivation to Don’t reactivate automatically. Facebook won’t reactivate your account automatically this way, and you can decide to return whenever you’re ready.
Choose if you want to continue using Messenger and getting notifications from Facebook in step six. Tap Deactivate my account after that, and you’re done. Your attempt to deactivate your Facebook account was successful.
Deactivate Facebook Account on iPhone
1. Launch the Facebook application on your iPhone, then select the Menu tab from the bottom navigation bar. Select Settings by pressing Settings & Privacy.
2. Select Account ownership and control from the following screen after selecting Personal and account information under Account settings.
3. Click Deactivation and deletion after that, then turn on the Deactivate Account toggle. Tap Continue to Account Deactivation once you’ve finished.
4. Select a justification for deactivating your Facebook account, then hit Continue. You prevent automatic account reactivation, be sure to choose the Don’t reactivate automatically option on the following screen.
5. Click Continue to confirm that you want to continue using Messenger and receive notifications. Finally, click Deactivate My Account to remove your Facebook account.
6. Facebook will now deactivate your account, as shown in the screenshot below. By using your Facebook login information, you can select to access your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you deactivate Facebook, do you lose your friends?
No, if you delete your Facebook account, you won’t lose any of your friends. When you reactivate your account, you will still be connected to one another.
What do friends see when a Facebook account is deactivated?
After deactivating your Facebook account, friends won’t be able to find you when they search for you or see your timeline. However, some information, such as the history of your messages with previous friends, will still be viewable in their chatbox.
How long may a Facebook account be inactive?
You can cancel your Facebook account at any time. After 30 days, you won’t be able to access your Facebook account if you decide to delete it.
Deactivate to Take a Break from Facebook
In order to deactivate your Facebook account on the web, Android, and iOS, you must follow these instructions. Go to our post in the linked resource that explains how to deactivate your Facebook account and switch to one of the finest Facebook alternatives if you no longer want to use Facebook. If you decide to stop using any Meta-owned networks, we also have instructions on how to deactivate your Instagram account, delete your Instagram account, and erase your WhatsApp account.