To make it simple for Indian people to get COVID-19-related information and download their immunisation certificates on the Meta-owned messaging network, the Indian government introduced the MyGov chatbot on WhatsApp back in 2020. You can now easily recover a variety of DigiLocker-based documents using the MyGov chatbot. For further information, see the details down below.
WhatsApp MyGov Chatbot Now Supports DigiLocker Services
Many people, including myself, have found the India MyGov chatbot on WhatsApp to be helpful when it comes to acquiring COVID-19 vaccination certificates on a mobile device. Other significant IDs and documents, including PAN cards, driving licences, vehicle registration certificates, class X and XII mark sheets, and insurance policy paperwork, are now accessible and downloadable. Additionally, the Indian Transport Ministry acknowledges it. Additionally, the chatbot allows you to open a new DigiLocker account.
The MyGov chatbot leverages the DigiLocker infrastructure, which supposedly has more than 100 million registered users and more than 5 billion issued and scanned papers, to retrieve the documents. Additionally, it secures the issued papers with encryption so that only the owner of the document has access to them.
According to Abhishek Singh, CEO of the MyGov service, adding Digilocker services to the MyGov Helpdesk is a logical evolution and a step toward giving citizens streamlined access to key services via WhatsApp’s user-friendly and accessible platform.
How to Download DigiLocker Documents on WhatsApp?
You can now follow the detailed instructions below to access and download your DigiLocker documents on WhatsApp if you want to use the DigiLocker services through the MyGov chatbot. Make sure the MyGov WhatsApp number (+91-9013151515) is added to your contact list before continuing, though.
- Open WhatsApp and search for the MyGov Helpdesk chatbot on WhatsApp.
- Open the MyGov chat and type DigiLocker, Hi, or Namaste to initiate the process.
- The chatbot will ask you to create or authenticate your DigiLocker account with your 12-digit Adhaar Card number and a time-limited OTP that will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, the chatbot will give you the option to either issue new documents or download previously-issued documents that are under your ID.
Note:When you ask for your papers again after issuing them with DigiLocker and provide the necessary information, they will be instantly available for download.
- Here, you can simply choose the document that you want to download and reply with the corresponding number.
- After that, the MyGov chatbot will send you a PDF file of your document right on WhatsApp.
By using the MyGov chatbot on WhatsApp, you may quickly access and download your crucial papers on your mobile device. It should come in handy when you have to show a government representative a particular ID or a document pertaining to your automobile. What do you think of the new DigiLocker services offered by the WhatsApp chatbot for MyGov? Please share your opinions about it in the section below.