Do you wish to master Minecraft and develop into a speedrunner in the process? Or would you rather start out in your survival planet with a tonne of uncommon resources? Learning to find a Minecraft Stronghold quickly is the answer to both problems. To help with that, we are here with a simple guide that outlines three ways to get to a stronghold. Both the Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft can use these techniques. So without further ado, let’s get started!
How to Find a Minecraft Stronghold (2022)
In Minecraft, there are numerous ways to locate a stronghold. We have everything covered, from orders to survival techniques. Choose the approach that best fits your playing style using the table below.
What is a Stronghold in Minecraft
Stronghold is the name given to the primary plot structure that generates beneath the overworld in the game Minecraft. It is one of the biggest buildings in the game and has a number of rooms, libraries, and other features. More significantly, the End gateway spawns in the Stronghold. In Minecraft, this portal leads to the End dimension, which is home to the Ender dragon.
Where Does the Stronghold Spawn
Only underground in Minecraft’s overworld dimension does The Stronghold generate. The strongholds occasionally have the ability to create underwater but are not submerged. Most Strongholds in the Bedrock edition of Minecraft grow beneath a village. In contrast, the Java version generates strongholds at random locations almost every 2000–3000 blocks.
The stronghold doesn’t have a set height in the world generation, unlike constructions like the Ancient city. However, it is preferable to look for a stronghold between the world’s base level (Y=0) and bedrock level (Y=64). This is where most Strongholds sprout according to the locations we discovered while testing some of the greatest Minecraft seeds.
How to Find the Stronghold in Minecraft
In Minecraft, there are three basic ways to locate strongholds:
- Ender Pearls: The intended way to find the Stronghold without cheats or hacks in the survival world. More on it later.
- Commands: By activating cheats, you can use commands to locate the coordinates of the nearest Minecraft stronghold.
- Map Tool: With the help of an online tool, you can analyze a seed code to find all strongholds in it.
Command to Locate Strongholds
After that, let’s examine the first approach for finding a stronghold in Minecraft. Use the commands listed here to locate strongholds:
1. Start by turning on cheats in your Minecraft environment. You are unable to use any commands if you don’t do this. Cheats can be enabled under the Java edition’s LAN settings of the pause menu. In the world settings of the Bedrock edition, you can activate the cheats feature.
2. To find the closest Stronghold in your world after enabling the hacks, run the command:
locate stronghold structure
3. The game will show the coordinates of the closest stronghold when the instruction has been carried out.
Find all Strongholds in a Minecraft Seed
To locate the locations of every Stronghold in a Minecraft seed, follow these steps:
1. Use the/seedcommand to check the seed code of your Minecraft world.
2. Next, click this link to launch the Chunkbase map analyzer. After that, paste your world’s seed code into the seed cell. Make sure the dimension is set to Overworld and the game’s version is set to yours.
3. After the seed code has been examined, all of the strongholds in that seed will be shown on the Chunkbase map with the Eye of Ender icon. The coordinates for each icon can be found by clicking on it.
Find Minecraft Stronghold Using Eyes of Ender
Items Required to Find a Stronghold
To get to a Stronghold in the survival game style, you need the following things:
- An iron pickaxe or stronger (better to have more)
- 3 Eyes of Ender (12 to activate the End portal)
You need pickaxes to excavate and access Strongholds because they spawn below the surface. However, you must employ Eyes of Enders to locate the area where you must dig (made up ofblaze powerandender pearls).
How to Make Eye of Ender in Minecraft
To create an Eye of Ender in Minecraft, follow these steps:
Make a portal to the Nether dimension of Minecraft first, then enter it.
Next, locate a Nether castle where the hostile Blaze mob spawns. The Flame may shed blaze rods after being killed. As many blazing rods as you can should be gathered.
3. Next, use the crafting tablet to transform the flame rods into flame powder.
4. Next, locate and kill any Endermen that spawn in the overworld at night. The Ender pearls are thrown to the dead. You may easily obtain Ender pearls by creating an Enderman farm.
5. To create an Eye of Ender, place the Ender pearl and the blazing powder in the crafting area. You can put the Ender pear and blazing powder next to each other in any cell because this crafting method has no set order.
Use Eyes of Ender to Locate Stronghold
Once you have an Eye of Ender, use it as described below to locate strongholds in Minecraft:
1. First, enter the overworld and use the secondary action key or right-click to launch an Eye of Enderun. The thrown Eye will float 12 blocks in the direction of the closest Stronghold.
2. The Eye of Ender will float upward if the Stronghold is far away.
3. The Eye of Ender will descend and possibly go underground if the stronghold is close by. To recover the Eye, you might need to dig. You must dig there to get to the Stronghold if the Eye of Ender is precisely pointed in the same direction.
4. The Eye of Ender may occasionally break when being utilised. This occurs at random. In order to ensure you have enough Eyes of Ender when you arrive at the End portal, it is best to carry more than 12 of them.
Frequently Asked Questions
How come I can’t locate the Stronghold?
If you are unsuccessful in finding the Stronghold, widen your search area. The ideal distance to cover before throwing another Eye of Ender is twelve blocks.
Where is the Stronghold located?
A Stronghold can be found at any depth. However, it’s advisable to search below Y=0’s world height.
How many Eyes of Ender does a stronghold require?
In most cases, you only need 1 or 2 Eyes of Ender to locate a Stronghold. However, you will require a total of 12 Eyes of Ender to open an End gateway.
Find the Minecraft Stronghold in the Fastest Way
Once you get to the Stronghold in Minecraft 1.19 and earlier versions, you are all set to explore the End dimension. But it’s best to preserve a stock of the best Minecraft remedies available before you reach that dimension or even the Stronghold. You can also bring some of the best Minecraft enchantments along for support on this perilous journey. After that, can you come up with any additional methods to locate the Stronghold in Minecraft?