Although end-to-end encryption is supported by WhatsApp, the messaging service still uses a lot of storage owing to trash media files. You receive a tonne of photos and videos from unfamiliar connections in addition to those you are familiar with, especially around the holidays. Repeated forward messages and other distractions clog WhatsApp. Therefore, you have come to the right place if you are looking for a clever technique to free up WhatsApp storage on your smartphone. Here, we demonstrate how to use the nativestorage management tool to free up WhatsApp space on your smartphone.
Free Up WhatsApp Storage on Your Smartphone
Here, we’ve mostly focused on the procedures for clearing up WhatsApp storage on Android smartphones. Follow our linked instruction if you’re seeking for a specific guide on how to free up WhatsApp capacity on iOS devices. In addition, WhatsApp’s stable build supports the technique we’re utilising, so there’s no need to switch to the beta channel. Let’s start now that that is over.
1. Launch WhatsApp and select the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen. Navigate to Storage and data after opening Settings.
2. Click Manage Storage to see all the information about your WhatsApp storage. To find all repeated images and videos that have been sent to you, repeatedly tap the Forwarded button.
3. Select the media files you want to delete by pressing and holding. Select all and use the Delete button to remove all forwarded items at once. You’re done now.
4. After reviewing the files, tap on the “Larger than 5 MB” area and delete as necessary. The order of bigger file size will be used to sort all files.
5. Scroll down and choose a contact if you wish to clear some WhatsApp storage from a specific discussion. From this point, you may quickly inspect, pick, and delete items in mass. Whatsapp storage can be cleaned up in such a clever method, right?
Reduce WhatsApp Space on Your Smartphone
So there you have it—a simple method for clearing up space on your smartphone for WhatsApp. We are all aware of how WhatsApp is clogged with unwanted media files that consume a lot of capacity. It’s a problem for cellphones with little storage, in particular.
So go ahead and remove all the pointless stuff from your smartphone’s WhatsApp storage. That’s all from us, though. Follow our linked post to learn more such WhatsApp methods.