Protecting your privacy can be a headache if you frequently share your smartphone with friends or classmates. While there are several photo-hiding programmes available, Snapchat developed the My Eyes Only feature to make it simpler for users to conceal private photos and videos. You can utilise Snapchat’s My Eyes Only feature to make your Snaps inaccessible by following the instructions in this article (photos and videos).
Get My Eyes Only on Snapchat Account (2022)
What is My Eyes Only on Snapchat?
The My Eyes Only feature was created by Snapchat to assist users in safely concealing private images and videos within the app. The photos you conceal in this area are encrypted and only accessible with the four-digit passcode you create. Remember that you need this four-digit passcode to access the section and that if you forget it, there is no way to get your secret Snaps back.
How to Set up My Eyes Only on Snapchat
1. Launch Snapchat and click the Memories icon that is located to the left of the camera shutter button. To reach the Memories area, swipe up on the camera viewfinder. Go to the My Eyes Only area when the Memories page appears.
2. If this is your first time using My Eyes Only, hit the blue Set Up button to setup the function. A four-digit passcode must be set during the procedure. In addition, you have the option of using a passphrase.
3. Verify your entered passcode and activate
Click the My Eyes Onlyradio button, confirm that you understand that Snapchat won’t be able to recover your passcode or your saved snaps if you forget it.
Move Snaps to My Eyes Only on Snapchat
4. The My Eyes Only section of Snapchat is now activated. Learn how to move your photo or video Snaps here to safely hide them by reading the section after this one.
You can quickly move private photos or videos to the My Eyes Only section now that you’ve enabled it. This is how:
1. Long-press a Snap in the Snaps section and then select the Hide option from the list of choices that comes below it. Tap on Move when you get the confirmation pop-up that reads “Move to My Eyes Only.”
2. To keep pictures safe from prying eyes, you may also move them from your camera roll to Snapchat’s My Eyes Only feature. To prevent the original image from showing up in apps like Google Photos, make sure you remove it from the pop-up.
How to Change My Eyes Only Passcode
3. You can always decide to reveal photos in Snapchat’s photo archive. Tap Unhide from the list of options that appears at the bottom of the screen when you long-press the image.
1. When prompted to enter the passcode, touch Options in the bottom-right corner of the screen to change the password for My Eyes Only. To generate a new My Eyes Only passcode, select Change Passcode from the Options pop-up dialogue.
Forgot Snapchat My Eyes Only Passcode? How to Recover It
2. You should now set a new passcode and enter the old one. You are finished once you confirm the new passcode. To ensure that you don’t forget the passcode, we advise keeping it in a password manager app. The steps to reset your Snapchat code are included in the section below if you forget it.
You should be aware that resetting your Snapchat My Eyes Only passcode will remove all previously concealed Snaps before we continue. If you still want to reset, take the following actions:
1. To access the My Eyes Only tab under Memories, swipe up on the camera viewfinder. Then hit the Options button, select Forgot Passcode, and on the following screen, provide the password for your Snapchat account.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Decide on the
Click the Continue button on the following screen after selecting the I understand that setting a new passcode will remove all Snaps in My Eyes Onlyradio button. Then, you can make a new passcode for Snapchat’s My Eyes Only section.
A: Can Snapchat view your My Eyes Only photos and videos?
The pictures and videos that are in your My Eyes Only section are not accessible to Snapchat. You will need a passcode to decrypt any encrypted photos you add to My Eyes Only.
What transpires to the photos in My Eyes Only?
The Snaps in My Eyes Only feature is designed to allow you to conceal your photos and videos inside the Snapchat app. Snaps in My Eyes Only is hidden from other gallery apps.
What happens when you remove something from Snapchat’s My Eyes Only setting?
An image or video that has been hidden in Snapchat’s My Eyes Only feature returns to the Snaps area of Memories when it is unhidden. From there, you can access the picture.
How can I get my Snapchat My Eyes Only pics back?
If you forget the passcode, it is not possible to recover My Eyes Only photographs on Snapchat. This is due to the fact that these photographs are password-protected and encrypted.
Hide Photos and Videos with My Eyes Only on Snapchat
Can My Eyes Only on Snapchat be disregarded?