The days of consumers not caring about their online security and privacy are long gone. The majority of us now take data security seriously. The good news is that the majority of messaging applications today have security measures like biometric locks to protect our personal information. This fast article will show you how to use Face ID on your iPhone to lock WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal for an extra degree of security.
Lock WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal with Face ID on iPhone
Face ID, which debuted in 2017 with the iPhone X, is widely regarded as the industry standard for facial unlocking on smartphones. What it gives up in terms of speed, it makes up for in terms of security. It’s noteworthy that Face ID also adjusts to changes in your appearance so that unlocking the smartphone or app shouldn’t be a burden even if you’ve grown facial hair or put on cosmetics. However, keep in mind that you may be required to validate your identity using your passcode if it detects a major change in your appearance.
Even after Face ID has been used to lock WhatsApp, Telegram, or Signal, you can still take calls and respond to messages through alerts. It’s important to note that you will have the option to lock certain messaging apps using Touch ID if your device supports it.
Lock/Unlock WhatsApp Using Face ID on iPhone
On your iPhone, open WhatsApp.
2. Next, click or touch the Settings symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Then, select Account.
4. After that, click Privacy.
5. Then, select onScreen Lock.
6. Next, activate the option next to “Require Face ID.” Once that, you may decide whether to lock WhatsApp right away, after the app has been closed, for one minute, for fifteen minutes, or for an hour.
I advise you to select the Immediately option for more security. In the future, Face ID will be used to open the messaging app. Keep in mind that even if the app is locked, you can still respond to messages from notifications and take calls.
Lock/Unlock Telegram with Face ID on iPhone
1. Open the Telegram application on your iPhone.
2. Next, select the Settings icon at the bottom right of the screen.
3. Click Privacy and Security next.
4. After that, select Passcode & Face ID.
5. Next, activate the toggle for Face ID unlocking.
The end! You may now use Face ID to unlock Telegram going forward.
Enable Screen Lock in Signal on iPhone
1. The iPhone’s OpenSignal application.
2. Next, click the yourprofile symbol in the upper left corner of the screen.
3. Then, select Privacy.
4. The switch next to Screen Lock should now be turned on.
That’s basically it! Every time you launch Signal on your iPhone now, Face ID authentication will be required.
Set Up and Use Face ID with WhatsApp, Telegram, and Signal
So that’s how you can use Face ID to lock these widely used messaging applications on an iOS smartphone. Get the most out of the facial unlock technology to preserve your personal information because it’s always preferable to have an extra layer of protection to prevent illegal access.
Which of these messaging services is your favourite, then? Despite its claims to be the most widely used messaging programme, WhatsApp trails Telegram and Signal in terms of privacy.