In no way is travelling in the game Minecraft simple. Things become considerably more complicated as they go through water. If you find yourself in a similar situation, our instruction on how to build a boat in Minecraft will be helpful. They are the simplest and safest way to get around in the game for new players. You can later install Forge in Minecraft to apply mods and modify your boat into a ship if you want to take it a step further. Both the Java and Bedrock editions of Minecraft can be used with this lesson. In this well-liked sandbox game, you can utilise the boat to go fishing, look for shipwrecks, or explore locations. However, let’s first examine how to build a boat in Minecraft before you start making ideas.
How to Make a Boat in Minecraft: A Step-by-Step Guide (2021)
The first step in creating a boat in Minecraft is gathering the necessary materials. The nicest thing is that practically every default world has all the necessary elements available at spawn. Practically, all you need is the abundant wood that Minecraft offers. However, you can’t utilise it that way, so here’s what you should do instead:
Materials You Need to Make a Boat in Minecraft
We’re going to require wood blocks initially, as we said above. Finally, we can construct a boat in our Minecraft environment by converting the wood blocks into wood planks. Not to mention, a crafting table is necessary to make it all happen. With that said, adhere to the detailed procedure listed below:
1. To begin with, punch a tree until it breaks to obtain two wood blocks. It is typically linked to the left click or action button in your PC game. Without using any equipment, breaking the wooden block won’t take longer than 8 seconds. Later, when you get an axe, you can finish it much more quickly. To gather the fallen block, move in close proximity to it.
2. You may now see the wood blocks you just acquired by hitting E or your inventory button. Now, put the wood block in the Crafting area of the inventory box. You can do it by clicking on the wood block first, then somewhere else in the crafting area, and then clicking on an empty block. By doing this, you’ll get 4 wood planks and the wood block will be moved into the crafting area. To obtain 8 wood boards, repeat this step twice.
3. To build our boat, we’ll need five wood boards. However, as you may have noted, you could only craft with 4 blocks using your inventory. You now require a crafting table. Learn how to build a crafting table by reading the article we’ve linked to. However, a quick recipe would be as follows:
As of right now, make sure your inventory includes a crafting table and at least five wood planks. If you run out of wood blocks or planks, you can always go back to hitting trees.
How to Make a Boat in Minecraft
Please be aware that you may create wooden planks in Minecraft with practically any tree. The type of tree doesn’t affect how well your constructions turn out. Let’s go on to building our boat now that that has been said.
1. Set up the crafting table by putting it on the ground. Make sure it is selected in your inventory slot before doing this. In order to position it, right-click or use your action button while gazing at the ground. Your crafting table’s icon in your inventory will have a substantial white border around it when it is selected.
2. You may control the crafting table after it has been set up by right-clicking or by using the action button. You can now construct your boat in the larger 3 x 3 crafting area that is now available.
3. The last step is to arrange the wood boards in a u-shape, one by one. In the crafting area, you can right-click on empty blocks to place the planks one at a time after selecting them by left-clicking on them. The finished product would resemble the screenshot shown below. And presto! You’ll see your freshly created boat on the right side of the crafting area. The boat can now be chosen and placed in an available inventory slot.
How to Use a Boat to Travel in Minecraft
Congratulations, you can now embark on trips in your Minecraft world because your boat is ready. It’s time to learn how to use your newfound knowledge of how to build a boat in Minecraft.
1. Place the boat by right-clicking it or by pressing the action key, just like you would on the construction table. However, you must ensure that the boat is positioned in the water. The boat may be tested in both rivers and oceans.
2. Depending on the type of wood you chose to build your boat, its colour will change. You can enter the boat by right-clicking on it or using the action key on your PC after putting it in a water stream.
The same keys you use to manoeuvre your character can also be used to row the boat. Additionally, you can use food or lead to lure any animal that is trailing you into your boat. Minecraft boats have a tonne of potential because you can break them and then reassemble them. Make sure to keep looking around.
Make Your Own Boat in Minecraft to Explore the World
So, yes, that’s basically all! You have the recipe and are aware of all the necessary ingredients. So now you know exactly how to make a boat in Minecraft. These Minecraft discord servers may be a nice place to start if you’re seeking for more suggestions and recipes to try. Installing Optifine to enhance performance and increase your game’s frame rate might be a smart option as you get started with Minecraft. Start using your new boat to explore the enormous oceans of Minecraft right now. Remember to let us know what you learn in the comments section below.