Being involved in the Minecraft community guarantees that you will run upon some incredible constructions. They are common on the top Minecraft Discord servers, and you can even come across some of them while exploring the finest adventure maps. But if you don’t know how to create a stonecutter in Minecraft, none of those are achievable in the real world of survival. This is a helpful utility block that, like the crafting table, allows you to cut solid blocks into slabs, steps, and a variety of other shapes. Without the ability to carve blocks, more than half of the best Minecraft house designs won’t even be possible. Given its significance, let’s look at how to create and employ a stonecutter in Minecraft.
Make a Stonecutter in Minecraft (2022)
In order to create a stonecutter in Minecraft, we first need to gather the ingredients. However, if you already have the materials, utilise the table below to jump right to the making instructions.
How to Find a Stonecutter in Minecraft
In case you’re lucky, there are stonecutters in the settlements of Minecraft. They are a construction site block that is in charge of all Minecraft villager jobs, including the stone mason’s. Therefore, if a hamlet has a stonemason, it undoubtedly also has a stonecutter. You can quickly locate one of these villages by using our best Minecraft village seeds.
There is nowhere else in the game that stonecutters spontaneously spawn besides settlements. You must therefore personally create one rather than searching for it.
Ingredients Required to Make a Stonecutter
In Minecraft, you need the following materials to create a stonecutter:
- An iron ingot
- 3 stone blocks
Do note that in the Bedrock edition, you can also use variants of stone blocks to make a stone cutter.
How to Get Iron
Iron is one of the most versatile ores in the game. You only need one iron ingot to make a stonecutter, so follow these steps to get that iron ingot:
1. First, use ourMinecraft ore distribution guideto find iron ore in Minecraft caves. Then, use a stone pickaxe to mine it.
2. Once you have the ore, you need to find or craft a furnace to smelt the iron. You can use any flammable item as its fuel. For faster results, you can alsomake a blast furnace in Minecraft. Each iron ore block smelts to form one iron ingot, and there you have it. An iron ingot.
How to Get Stone
The second key ingredient to making a stonecutter in Minecraft is stone. You can find it all around the overworld in almost every Minecraft biome. But getting it isn t as simple as breaking it. So, let s see how to obtain stone in Minecraft.
1. First, find a stone block and mine it using a pickaxe. When mined, instead of dropping stone, the game will dropcobblestone. You can counter this by using asilk touch pickaxe enchantment. But we don t have to go that far.
2. Once you have3 cobblestoneblocks, you simply need tosmelt them in a furnace. Doing so will convert the cobblestone into stone blocks.
Crafting Recipe of Stonecutter in Minecraft
Now that you have all the ingredients, you only need to open the crafting table and place them together. To craft a stonecutter in Minecraft, you first need toplace the iron ingot in the center cell of the top rowof the 3 3 crafting area. Then, place three stone blocks one in each cell of themiddle row.
This placement will give you a stonecutter that you can place anywhere you want. Unlike a crafting table, it can t even be destroyed by lava or fire.
How to Use a Stonecutter in Minecraft
1. First,open the stonecutterby right-clicking or using the secondary action key.
2. Then, place a stone or similar block in theleft-side cell. We have also covered the complete list of compatible stone blocks in the next section.
3. Finally, pick one of the variousblock variantsthat the stonecutter offers. The placed block will be cut into that variant, and you can pick it up from the right side cell.
Which Blocks Work with a Stonecutter
You can use the following blocks as ingredients for a stonecutter:
|Mossy Stone Bricks|
|Cut Red Sandstone*|
|Block of Quartz|
|Red Nether Bricks|
|End Stone Bricks|
|Block of Copper|
|Waxed Exposed Copper|
|Waxed Weathered Copper|
|Waxed Oxidized Copper|
|Exposed Cut Copper|
|Weathered Cut Copper|
|Oxidized Cut Copper|
*Out of these, cut sandstone and cut red sandstone work as ingredients only on theJava edition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which is Better? Stonecutter or Crafting Table
In terms of results, a stonecutter is similar to a crafting table. Both of them use ingredients to craft different items. However, in the case of a stonecutter, you only needone ingredientandno recipeto form a variety of variant blocks. Some of its recipes are even more efficient than the crafting table. For example, it takes just 6 stone blocks to craft 4 stairs on a crafting table. Meanwhile, you can craft 1 stair for each stone block on the stonecutter.
Q. Does Stonecutter Save Stone?
Stonecutters save both time and stone in the longer run. So, if you are speedrunning your builds or creating houses in survival or hardcore mode, a stonecutter can be very useful.
Craft and Use a Stonecutter in Minecraft Today
Whether it s for a grand build or just tomake your Minecraft houseeasily, now you know how to make a stonecutter in Minecraft and use it properly. But don t stop there. Once your house is ready, it s time to fill it up with friendly mobs. You cantame a cat in Minecraftto get your first companion. Then, once you are ready, you can alsobreed Axolotls in Minecraftto add variety to the build. However, animals aren t the only mob you can invite over. If you have enough space and beds, you can alsobreed villagersto add life to your base in Minecraft. Having said that, which types of blocks are you going to use in your stonecutter? Tell us in the comments!