Coal is currently a pretty well-known mineral in the game Minecraft. Coal is used by players as fuel, a crafting material, and in extremely extreme circumstances, even as a tradeable good. However, there is a lesser-known substitute for coal that performs practically all of the same functions far more effectively. Yes, we are referring to charcoal in Minecraft, a less popular but comparatively simpler resource to replenish than coal. We’ll go over how to create charcoal in Minecraft and then discuss several applications. Let’s get started because there is a lot on the table.
How to Make Charcoal in Minecraft (2022)
Do not mistake charcoal for coal. You can utilise the method we already have in place to find coal in Minecraft. Additionally, a separate part will be devoted to discussing how the two differ from one another. Before proceeding to the charcoal crafting recipe, you can utilise the table below to clear up any misunderstandings.
What is Charcoal in Minecraft
Burning wood in Minecraft will provide you charcoal, an in-game item (the same as in the real world). In addition to being utilised in a few crafting recipes, charcoal can be used as fuel. Charcoal may be made in the educational version of Minecraft by combining 7 Carbon, 4 Hydrogen, and 1 Oxygen blocks. One of the very rare objects having an instructive crafting recipe is this one.
How are Coal and Charcoal Different
Despite having a similar appearance and functionality, coal and charcoal have very different properties in Minecraft. These are their differences:
- Coal is a mineral that spawns in the form of ore blocks, but charcoal doesn t generate naturally.
- Charcoal is more efficient than coal and lasts longer as fuel for furnaces and blast furnaces.
- Unlike coal, you can t combine charcoal to make a block of coal/ charcoal.
- Villagers only trade emeralds in exchange for coal and not charcoal.
Coal and charcoal are treated differently in Minecraft due to their variances, and you cannot stack or combine them in your inventory. In some crafting recipes, which we shall discuss later in this post, you can still swap them out.
Items Required to Make Charcoal
To make charcoal in Minecraft, you’ll need the following materials:
- A Furnace
- Any Fuel
- Any Wood Block
In Minecraft, you may make charcoal by smelting wood blocks. The wood blocks can be made from any tree in the game and can contain logs, stripped logs, wood, and stripped wood blocks. You can burn any wooden object, coal, dried kelp, blazing rods, or even a pail of lava as fuel. Since wooden planks and logs are simpler to get in the world of Minecraft, we advise using them.
Finally, a furnace is required to smelt the wooden blocks. By utilising the attached tutorial, you can create a furnace in Minecraft. When building the furnace in the Java version of Minecraft, you can even blend blocks made of cobblestone, blackstone, or cobbled deep slate. Additionally, you must only use a conventional furnace because a blast furnace cannot convert wood to charcoal.
How to Make Charcoal in Minecraft
The crucial step is now to create charcoal in Minecraft by following the instructions below:
1. Start by setting the furnace down on the ground. Next, utilise the furnace by right-clicking or by pressing the secondary action key.
2. Next, put any wooden blocks you have (not planks) in the furnace’s upper cell.
3. Lastly, place one of the fuel pieces (ideally a wooden plank) in the furnace’s bottom cell.
4. The furnace will start operating as soon as you add fuel. Within a few seconds, the wood will then transform into charcoal.
How to Use Charcoal in Minecraft
In Minecraft, you can utilise charcoal for the following things:
- Charcoal acts as fuel to power furnaces and blast furnaces.
- When combined with a stick, the charcoal can be turned into a torch.
- If a block of soul sand is added to the charcoal and stick, it creates a soul touch.
- When combined with blaze powder and gunpowder, charcoal creates a fire charge, which is used to light the Nether portal and fire.
- Just like the torches, charcoal can also replace coal in the crafting recipe of campfires. Though, it doesn t affect its efficiency.
It’s interesting to note that when you create a campfire backwards, you get charcoal. In other words, if you mine a campfire in Minecraft using the Silk Touch enchantment, it will drop two pieces of charcoal. This mechanic doesn’t require charcoal to function in the campfire.
Make and Use Charcoal in Minecraft
Suddenly, you have access to one of Minecraft’s most effective fuel sources. Charcoal may be used to swiftly process a range of Minecraft ores and power furnace-based farms. But if charcoal doesn’t feel sufficient, you should use the finest Minecraft mods to add some unique fuel sources to the game. Having said that, how will you use charcoal in Minecraft? Tell us in the remarks section below!