Over the past few years, Discord has undergone a few adjustments. The well-known voice chat programme, which began as a haven for gamers, has now evolved into a platform used by the entire community due to the pandemic. And Discord’s popularity will only grow once Sony incorporates it into Playstation. The most helpful Discord bots and how to acquire free Discord Nitro have both been covered in prior discussions of Discord’s features. However, there is a simple way to deactivate your Discord account and move on if you are among those who want to stop using the voice chat software.
Permanently Delete Discord Account: A Step-by-Step Guide (June 2021)
On all the platforms that Discord is available, we have produced a comprehensive tutorial that will show you how to remove your account. So regardless of whether you’re reading this on a Windows computer or an iOS device, keep reading to find out how to permanently cancel your Discord account. We’ve also included an option for you to disable your Discord account if you’d rather not delete it. If you own a server, be careful to read the section about servers before using the table below to identify the instructions for your specific platform.
Read This First If You Own a Discord Server (All Platforms)
You must go through an additional step before you may disable or delete your account if you run a Discord server. Your Discord server must either be given to someone else or completely deleted. You can skip this step if you don’t have one.
Transferring Ownership of Discord Server
For this demonstration, we’re using the Discord software for Windows, but don’t worry, the procedures are the same everywhere. Now that that is out of the way, let’s look at the procedures you must adhere to.
1. Select the server you want to transfer control of from the left sidebar.
2. A drop-down menu will appear when you click the server’s name in the top left corner. Click the Server Settings option here.
3. From the settings window, navigate to the Members option under the User Management section in the sidebar.
4. A list of every server user is displayed here. Now choose the three dots symbol next to the member whose name you want to replace as the server’s new owner. Select Transfer Ownership from the drop-down menu after that.
6. You must consent to an acknowledgement that verifies your competence. Simply click the red “Transfer Ownership” button to confirm your choice.
The end of that. Your access to the server will remain unaffected, but your rights will be restricted.
Deleting the Discord Server
Simply follow the instructions below to remove the server before you delete your Discord account.
1. From the left sidebar, select your server, then click on its name in the top left corner. From the drop-down menu that appears, select Server Settings.
2. On the settings page’s left sidebar, look for the option labelled “Delete Server” toward the bottom. If you want to remove your Discord server, click on it.
3. Following that, a confirmation window will display asking you to confirm your action. Once more, click Delete Server.
4. If you have Two Factor Authentication (2FA) activated at this stage, you must enter a six-digit number. Open it and enter the code according to the authenticator you registered for. Once you do, your server will be removed.
5. After that, you’ll see a brief feedback box that you may either complete or leave blank. And with that, your server and all of its data and messages are erased.
Disabling vs Deleting Discord Account
Fortunately, Discord offers a wide range of functionality for controlling what happens to your account. This is what it indicates:
Disabling your Discord account is equivalent to temporarily suspending it. Your chats, servers, and archives, along with all the other information there, will be kept secure. Discord won’t send you any notifications about that account, but any new friend requests you get will be there when you return. When you don’t think you’ll be using Discord for a long or just want a break, it’s a smart idea to disable your account.
What happens if your Discord account is deleted?
Disable Your Discord Account Instead
When you delete your Discord account, all the associated data is also deleted. You will be kicked off of any servers you have joined, and all of your chats and messages will be deleted. Additionally, your name will be changed to Deleted User, and this is how others will see your profile. Photo Credit: Discord Fandom Wiki
You can always simply disable your Discord account if you are unsure about doing so. When you disable your account, it is locked in place and you won’t receive any notifications. Although you will continue to get messages and friend requests, you won’t be aware of them until you enable your account once more. It’s a great idea to disable your Discord account while you think things over. Instead, adhere to the instructions below to deactivate your Discord account:
1. In Discord, locate and select the Gearicon (settings) in the bottom left. Instead, click on your profile picture in the bottom navigation bar if you’re using an iOS or Android device.
2. Select the “My Account” section under User Settings.
3. Continue scrolling until you reach the Disable Account button. Just click it.
4. A dialogue box will then appear, requesting a new password and informing you of the action you are taking. Enter the password, then click the Disable Account button once more.
How to Delete Discord Account on Computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
5. You’re done now. Until you enable it again, your account is currently disabled. Your data will be waiting for you in a secure location.
The official Discord app is typically already set up on users’ computers. The PC client is quicker and smoother. We are using theDiscord appon Windows for the purpose of this tutorial. However, even if you are on Discord s web app, Mac, or even Linux, the process remains the same. So follow the steps below and get rid of your Discord account:
1. Open the Discord app on your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
2. Once there, look for theGearicon at the bottom left and click it.
3. TheMy Accountsettings page should be open already. If it isn t, open it from the left sidebar.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the My Account settings page to find theDelete Account buttonunder the Account Removal section. Click the Delete Account button.
5. You will be greeted by a dialog box that will ask for yourpassword and 2FA codeif you have it enabled. Just enter your password and 2FA code and then press theDelete Accountbutton.
How to Delete Discord Account Using Android or iOS App
6. Your Discord account has now been permanently deleted. All your data, including your messages, will be deleted along with it.
If you are part of the mobile userbase of Discord, you won t face any major difficulties in deleting your account. Follow this straightforward process to delete your Discord account on Android or iOS.
1. Open the Discord app on your Android or iOS phone.
2. Tap on the profile picture icon at the bottom right of the navigation bar.
3. Jump intoMy Account
4. Scroll all the way down until you see theDelete Accountoption. Tap on Delete Account to initiate the process.
Can I Recover a Deleted Discord Account?
5. You will then see a dialog box asking for your password and 2FA code. Just enter the required details and tap on the red Delete button to permanently delete your Discord account.
Fortunately, yes you can. Once you confirm the deletion of your account, Discord logs a deletion request and deactivates the account. It is thenheld for 14 days, after which it ispermanently deleted. So in case you change your mind and want your Discord account back, you havetwo weeksto do so!
Delete Your Discord Account in a Few Easy Steps
If you choose to stay aboard and not delete your account, learn how you canstream Netflix on Discordto watch movies with your friends,host a Spotify Listening party, oruse Stage Channel to engage with your Discord community.