The fact that practically all Android TVs provide an unpleasant experience is a well-known fact. Navigating through a typical Android TV or even a Google TV is difficult due to the operating system’s constant lag and jitters. A significant amount of bloatware that is either pre-installed or provided by the company serves as an additional insult. Not all hope is lost, though, as there is a simple way to disable or mass-delete all of these pre-installed apps on your Android smart TV, depending on your preferences. If you’re looking for exactly that, keep reading this tutorial as I walk you through the process of removing bloatware from your Android TV.
Remove Bloatware from TV Running Android TV (2022)
I’ll first highlight the requirements to remove unwanted apps before I walk you through the process to remove bloatware and pre-installed apps from Android TV. On the other hand, if you already have these things set up, use the table below to proceed directly to the process.
Requirements to Remove Apps from Android TV
Before we start the process of removing apps from an Android TV, you will need the items on the list that is provided below. Ensure that you download each one so you can cross them off your list.
1. ADB AppControl
The main piece of software required for this procedure is ADB AppControl, a free and simple-to-use app that wipes Android devices of all pre-installed apps. App Control is not limited and actually functions with other Android devices, even though we will be using it to remove apps from our Android TV.
And before you panic about having to tinker with your TV too much, don’t worry; it’s very simple and secure. Install ADB App Control (Free) on your Windows computer by downloading it from the official website.
2. Android SDK Platform Tools
Although ADB AppControl performed properly on our device without the platform tools, we still advise downloading them just in case. Simply put, these platform tools will enable a smooth connection between your PC and app and your TV. You won’t have to perform any difficult installation on it. Simply click this link to obtain the free Android SDK Platform Tools. Once finished, save the extracted folder to a disc.
3. Enable Developer Options on Android TV
Your Android TV must have USB debugging enabled in order for the tool to successfully remove bloatware from it. Visit our awesome Android TV tips post to discover how to do it if you don’t already know how.
4. Find Your Android TVs IP Address
ADB AppControl can wirelessly connect to your Android TV, unlike other Android devices. However, for this to work, both of your gadgets must be linked to the same Wi-Fi network using the same IP address as that displayed on the TV and app. You can find your TV’s IP address by doing the following steps:
On your Android TV, go to Settings > Network & Internet. Identify your WiFi network and write down the IP address. The settings page will appear as follows:
Setting up ADB AppControl
You only need to follow the steps outlined below to set up ADB AppControl. So let’s get started.
1. When you first open ADB AppControl, you will see an acknowledgment message. To close it and continue, press OK.
2. The Quick Start tutorial will now be displayed to you, where it will explain how to enable USB debugging and obtain your IP address. However, since we already completed that, all you need to do is click the I Got It! button to finish.
3. You must first do so since no Android device is now connected to the software. Check if your TV’s IP address is listed here by clicking on the top row of numbers. In that case, fix it.
Be sure that the Windows and Android TV devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
5. After you enter the IP address of the TV and hit Enter, the software will ask you if you want to enable USB debugging on your TV. Simply seek for the instruction on your Android TV to accomplish this. Check to see if you have enabled USB debugging, as indicated above, if that doesn’t happen.
6. A list of applications will now start to show up on your screen. Hold on, though, since we still need to install the ACBridge service in order to see the names of the apps. Simply click Yes on the dialogue box after a brief delay.
You’re done, then. You can now use ADB AppControl on your machine. So let’s proceed and purge the Android TV of some bloatware.
How to Uninstall Pre-installed Apps from Android TV
Now that you’re ready to begin, follow the instructions below to get rid of the bloatware you’ve always wanted to get rid of.
1. There are two techniques to locate bloatware on the Android TV that you can delete. To discover your target programme, you can either scroll through the list of apps or use the find and disable bloatware button to let the app do the work for you. Let’s start with the latter. On your device, click the Find and disable bloatware button.
2. Leave the slider on the left unaltered and click the ApplyButton because the debloat wizard’s free version only permits the basic tier.
3. The software will now improve the results by sorting through the TV apps. I can see the apps in the screenshot below in my situation.
4. This list may alter depending on the TV you are using. I’ll keep Play Music and Market Feedback Agent selected because I want to remove them both at once. Click the dropdown menu in the bottom right corner after selecting the apps you want to uncheck.
5. Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu that displays. Select Disable if you’d prefer not to delete the application. I’ll go with Uninstall, though. After clicking it, apply.
6. A pop-up will now appear; in order to continue, you must click the Yes option.
7. Although it is entirely up to you whether to make a backup of the APK, I suggest choosing Yes and doing so in case of any issues.
8. You’re finished! As soon as the confirmation box appears, your pre-installed apps will be deleted.
And just like that, your Android TV may be free of bloatware and pointless pre-installed apps. You may easily navigate through the full app list and remove any apps you choose if you’d choose to do that. However, I caution against deleting anything sensitive because doing so can damage the TV’s operating system. Go ahead and remove all of the Android TV crap now.
Make Your Android Smart TV Bloatware Free
I sincerely hope that this article will be helpful in assisting you in getting rid of all the extra bloatware from Android TV. Regardless of the apps you uninstalled, your Android TV’s storage will now rise, and you may soon anticipate experiencing a speed boost. Once you’ve rid your TV of all the annoying apps, check out these top Android TV apps to improve your viewing.