You’re probably right if you’ve noticed that since The New York Times acquired the word puzzle game, the solutions have gotten trickier. Wordle answers are becoming difficult by the day, so if a double-letter trick word recently broke your streak, you may want to reset all of your metrics to regain that 100% win rate. Fortunately, doing that is not too difficult. Here’s how to clear a Wordle streak on an Android or iPhone.
Reset Wordle Streak on iPhone and Android (2022)
Wordle is one of the most well-liked puzzle games now available, and it has been bringing people together in a desire to solve the daily puzzles and with discussions of the day’s answer and how they predicted it. However, many players have been clamouring for another chance to keep their 100% win record after the recent rise in difficulty.
In this article, we’ll go through how to quickly and easily reset your Wordle streak on smartphones (iPhone and Android) and get the fresh start you’ve undoubtedly been longing for ever since that one missed puzzle.
Make Sure to Remove Wordle Bookmark from Your Home Screen
If you have already put the Wordle bookmark to your home screen, take sure to delete it before you begin. To accomplish this, press Delete Bookmark in the pop-up menu after touching and holding the Wordle bookmark.
Clear Your Browsing History to Reset Wordle Streak
Wiping off the entire browsing history is the simplest approach to reset the Wordle streak. Here’s how to accomplish it on an iPhone or an Android device.
Reset Wordle Streak by Clearing Browser History on iPhone
- Open the Settings app and tap on Safari . Here, tap on Clear History and Website Data .
- In the confirmation pop-up, tap on Clear again to confirm.
Reset Wordle Statistics by Clearing Browser History on Android
- Open the Chrome app and tap on the three dot icon. Here, tap on History .
- Now, tap on Clear Browsing Data . Select the time range and tap on Clear Data .
Clear Browser History in Firefox to Reset Wordle Stats
- Open Firefox and tap on the hamburger icon (menu button) at the bottom right of the screen. Here, tap on History .
- In the history screen, tap on Clear Recent History , and select the time range to delete all your browsing history in that time range.
- Android offers a better way to delete the associated data of an app. If you still can t reset your Wordle streak, try deleting the cache of the browsers you are using.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device -> Apps -> Chrome/Firefox -> Manage Space -> Clear All Data.
Delete and Reinstall Third-Party Browsers
Reinstall the third-party browsers if you haven’t been able to reset your Wordle streak yet. You might be able to start over by erasing all of the existing data with a clean install.
Last Resort: Factory Reset Your iPhone or Android Device
You might not need to use such a drastic measure, in my opinion. It would be worthwhile to try again if Lady Luck still doesn’t smile upon you after trying the aforementioned solutions.
Remember that a factory reset has distinct effects on iOS and Android. While the latter completely wipes out all of your device’s data, the former merely lets you to remove all of the current settings—not your media or data—and restores your phone to its initial configuration. Therefore, carry out this approach while bearing these consequences in mind.
Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select General > Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Open the Options app on Android and select Additional settings, Backup and reset, and Erase all data (factory reset).
Please be aware that the factory reset procedure may differ somewhat from Android device to Android device. So, try not to be perplexed. Set up your gadget as new after wiping it clean. You might want to think about how essential Wordle is to you before taking such drastic measures to remove a Wordle streak from your phone.
Bonus: Use Incognito Mode
Play the game in Incognito mode if you simply don’t want to keep track of your Wordle streak or statistics over time. This has several benefits.
- Your Wordle stats will be reset every time because it s incognito and all you have to do is close the tab after completing your game.
- You can try the Wordle as many times as you d like. If you exhaust your 6 attempts and haven t figured out the word, just close the Incognito session, and re-open Wordle in another incognito tab and you will get a fresh attempt at today s Wordle.
Reset Your Wordle Streak with Ease
You’re all set! This short tutorial on resetting Wordle streak is now complete. Although the New York Times hasn’t hurried to make significant upgrades to the word puzzle game, I believe it’s only a matter of time before we might. Hopefully the game will continue to maintain its USP. Check out this article to learn how to save Wordle to your device and play it for free forever if you’re concerned that the New York Times might place it behind a paywall. What has the word puzzle game been like for you thus far, by the way? Post your comments with your thoughts.