The last thing you want to deal with is a plethora of random alerts when you are completely immersed in work or enjoying some peace of mind away from your hectic routine. They not only cause diversions but also frequently demand your attention, which tends to waste valuable time. The best course of action in this circumstance is to turn off notifications on your iPhone so that incoming alerts no longer repeatedly cry for your attention. So, here’s how to turn off iPhone notifications.
12 Ways to Mute Notifications on iPhone (2022)
How Does Silencing Alerts Work on iOS?
Apple provides a number of options for muzzling iPhone notifications, so you can select the one that best suits your preferences. For instance, you may instantaneously turn off all ringtones and alarms on your iOS device by using a master switch. Save it for quiet environments where you don’t want the sound of frequent alarms to annoy those nearby.
The ever-reliable Do Not Disturb mode is the way to go if you want to take it a step further and need to mute all alerts for a period of time so that you may work without interference or meditate without distraction. There is a clever approach you may use to mute individual chats or applications that keep pestering you nonstop.
Mute Notifications on iPhone from Notification Center
Right from the Notification Center, you can turn off the notifications for particular apps.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to bring up the Notification Center. After that, swipe the alert to the left to expose the Options and Clear buttons.
- Here, tap Options and then choose Mute for 1 Hour or Mute for Today. That s it! Going forward, notifications from this app will be silently delivered on your iOS device.
- Later, if you wish to unmute the alerts from the app, access the Notification Center -> swipe left on the alert -> Options and choose Unmute.
Use Ring/Silent Switch to Silence Notifications on iOS
The ability to silence notifications on the iPhone with the ring/silent switch has long been a really handy feature. On the left side of the iPhone, and above the volume buttons, is where you’ll find this mechanical switch.
- To put your iPhone in silent mode, push the switch so that the orange indicator is showing.
- To enable the ring mode, move the switch so that the orange is hidden.
You can hear warnings and ringtones when the switch is set to ring. Your voice calls and alarms won’t ring out loud when it is in silent mode either.
Silence Notifications on iPhone by Turing the Volume All the Way Down
Turning down the volume all the way is a relatively simple additional method for iOS users to silence notifications. Press the volume down button repeatedly until you receive a message confirming that your iPhone is muted.
Set Text Tone to None on Your iPhone
Set the text tone on your iOS device to none if you no longer want to hear the sound of notifications.
1. Select Sounds & Haptics in the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select None under Text Tone.
Set Text to None for Specific Contacts on Your iPhone
You can also silence just certain contacts if you wish to.
Start the Contacts app on your iPhone, then find the contact you want to silence. In the upper right corner of the screen, click the Edit button.
2. Select None under Text Tone.
Turn Off Notification Sound for Specific Apps on iPhone
In order to confirm, make sure you press Donat the top right.
You may turn off a certain app’s notification sound using the iOS device’s notification settings.
1. Select Notifications from the Settings app on your iOS device.
Silence Specific Conversation Threads in Messages on iPhone
2. Next, select the app whose notifications you want to turn off by scrolling down and finding it. Next, deactivate the toggle next to Sounds.
You can silence specific iMessage chat threads if you want some peace and quiet or for reasons of privacy.
On your iOS device, open the Messages app and navigate to the chat thread you wish to mute.
2. Next, tap the bell icon while swiping to the left on the chat thread.
Use Do Not Disturb to Silence Notifications on iPhone
Check out our thorough list for more of these useful iMessage hints.
Do Not Disturb might be useful in situations where you might wish to improve your concentration while working or prevent constant alerts and calls from disturbing you. Calls and alerts are muted while DND is activated. You can arrange Do Not Disturb mode and only enable calls from specific persons according to your preferences.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select Focus.
2. Next, tap the Do Not Disturb button and activate the toggle. After that, adjust it to your preferences.
You must navigate to Settings -> Do Not Disturb on an iPhone running iOS 14 or an earlier version of the operating system.
- Simply, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen on Face ID-equipped iPhone models or swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to bring up the control center.
- After that, tap the tiny crescent moon icon to turn on DND for a certain time frame. When it is turned on, a crescent icon shows up in the status bar and lock screen.
- For better control over Do Not Disturb mode, tap the Focus button (right next to cresenct moon) in the control center -> three-dot icon next to Do Not Disutb and then choose to enable DND for 1 hour, until this evening or until you leave a particular location.
You may activate Do Not Disturb mode from the control centre once you’ve personalised it on your smartphone.
Turn Off Annouce Notifications with Siri
Keep in mind that starting with iOS 15/iPadOS 15 or later, Do Not Disturb is now a part of Focus mode. Visit our thorough guide to Focus mode to learn more about how it functions.
On AirPods or Beats, Siri can announce incoming alerts from supported apps including Reminders and Messages. You can easily stop the virtual assistant from announcing notifications if you wear headphones or earbuds that are compatible with it.
1. Open the Settings app on your iOS device and select Notifications.
Mute Individual WhatsApp Chats on iPhone
2. Next, tap Announce Notifications before switching the switch off.
You can silence specific chats within WhatsApp as well.
On your iPhone, launch WhatsApp and go to the discussion thread you want to silence.
Silence Individual Signal Chats on iPhone
2. Tap the bell icon while swiping to the left on the conversation thread.
You may quickly mute chats here if you moved from WhatsApp to Signal.
1. Find the chat thread you want to quiet in the Signal app on your iOS device.
Mute Specific Telegram Chats on iPhone
2. To mute the chat, swipe to the left on the chat thread and hit the tiny bell icon.
Individual Telegram chats can be silenced with same ease.
1. Open the Telegram app on your iPhone and navigate to the chat thread you wish to silence.
2. To end this Telegram conversation thread, swipe to the left and hit the bell icon.
Quick Ways to Silence Notifications on iOS
You should look into some cool Telegram tips if you’re interested in improving your messaging skills on the safe messaging platform.