Every now and then, everyone switches phones. There is still one type of data that is extremely difficult to transfer among phones, however it is not a significant concern anymore because data transfer between phones has gotten easier. Of course, I’m referring about the data that is stored on WhatsApp, which includes conversations, voice and video messages, photos, and more. Although WhatsApp has a backup option, it never seems to function when transferring data across devices. It is especially awful if you wish to move WhatsApp data from an iPhone to an Android device or the other way around.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re worried about losing your WhatsApp conversations when you switch phones. In this article, we’ll provide a straightforward programme that makes it quick and easy to move WhatsApp data from an Android device to an iPhone and vice versa. The programme we’re referring to is called dr.fone, and it not only makes it easy to move data across devices for WhatsApp but also for other chat programmes like Line, Kik, Viber, Wechat, and others. So let’s get started without further ado.
A backup of your chat data should be made before starting this process, just in case.
Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Android
I have tested Dr.Fone Message Transfer and was successful in smoothly transferring WhatsApp data from my Android to iPhone and from my iPhone to Android. Simply adhere to the instructions below.
Note:I used this software on a Windows 10 computer. That being said, the procedure is precisely the same and it is also accessible for Mac (download for mac).
1 The first step is to download and instal the dr.fone application on your Windows PC from the company’s website (free, $19.95/year).
2. Open the app now, then select the Restore Social App option.
3. Select the option to transfer WhatsApp messages. You can select the chat application you want to transfer data for by clicking on its name in the sidebar.
4. Connect the new device once you have connected the old one.
The data-containment device should appear on the left, while the new device should appear on the right. Clicking the flip button will allow you to change the layout if it isn’t already.
5. You will now see a notice that indicates any WhatsApp data on your new device will be overwritten. Select Yes to continue.
6. The procedure will now start, and a screen similar to the one below will appear.
7. During the procedure, you will be prompted to do a number of tasks, including installing WhatsApp on your new smartphone and providing it storage permissions. Complete each of the tasks.
8. Lastly, log in using your new phone’s number, and your data will appear in the WhatsApp app.
As you can see, the procedure was rather straightforward. I transferred WhatsApp data from an iPhone X to a Samsung Galaxy M40 in total for 15 minutes. The opposite way also held true.
Transfer WhatsApp Chats from One Device to Another with Ease
SEE ALSO: 2019 Guide: How to Get Facebook Chat Heads for Skype, WhatsApp, and Other Apps