To ensure that new features are available as soon as possible, Google has announced a new release cycle for Chrome OS. Every four weeks, a reliable Chrome OS upgrade with new tools and features will be delivered to you. The ability to view images from your Android phone on a Chromebook is one of the coolest Chromebook capabilities. Google has added notifications from your Android smartphone to Chromebooks as part of an upgrade to Phone Hub in the Chrome OS. This post explains how to see images from your Android phone on a Chromebook. It’s a cool new feature. Let’s locate the most recent photos from your Android device on your Chrome OS laptop now, without further ado.
View Photos From Your Android Phone on Chromebook (2022)
With the launch of Chrome OS 103, it is now possible to view images from your Android phone on a Chromebook. You don’t need to change channels or enable Chrome OS flags because it is present in the stable channel. Let’s examine how this functionality operates now:
Requirements to See Android Phone Photos on Chromebook
- As you can expect, the most basic requirement to use this feature is to keep Bluetooth enabled on both your Android smartphone and Chromebook.
- Moreover, you must have the same Google account signed in to both your Chromebook and Android phone.
How to Connect Android Phone to Your Chromebook
After that, let’s walk through how to connect an Android phone to a Chrome OS device. The procedures to use Phone Hub on your Chromebook are as follows:
1. First, click the bottom-right corner to reveal the Quick Settings window. To access Settings, click the cogwheel icon here.
2. Navigate to Connected devices in the left sidebar of the Settings page. Next, in the right pane, click Set up next to Android phone.
3. When you see the name of your Android smartphone shown under the Device detected section, click Accept and Continue.
4. Next, confirm by entering your Google account password.
5. After a short while, an alert stating “Linked to Chromebook” will appear on your Android device. Now that your Android phone and Chromebook are linked, you may view phone notifications and photographs on your computer. But before you can use these capabilities, you still need to complete a few steps, so click the notification.
View Your Android Phone s Photos on Chromebook
6. Another option is to go to Bluetooth and Device Connection in Settings on your Android smartphone. Afterward, click Chromebook. Enable the media and photos toggles here. Using your Chromebook, you will be able to see current images and other media files from your Android phone.
7. Return to your Chromebook at this point. Click the name of your Android phone on the Connected devices Settings screen.
8. Next, select Set up from the drop-down menu next to Recent photographs and notifications.
9. After selecting Next, a prompt will appear on your Android phone asking you to confirm that you want to share material with your Chrome OS device.
10. Finish the process by tapping Allow on your Android phone.
11. Switch on the Recent Photos toggle on your Chromebook. Enable the Notifications setting if you wish to get notifications from your Android handset on your Chromebook.
11. Chrome OS’s Shelf will now feature a phone icon. You may view images from your Android phone on your Chromebook by clicking on it.
12. The image will be downloaded to your Chromebook when you click it. The image is located in the Downloads folder. So, here is how you may download images to your Chromebook from your Android phone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I see the most recent photos from my Android phone on my Chromebook?
Your Chromebook should be running the stable channel’s Chrome OS 103 version. Additionally, you must activate Phone Hub from the Settings menu. Follow our guide for comprehensive instructions.
How many recent photographs can you download to a Chromebook from an Android phone?
It’s frustrating and annoying that Phone Hub on a Chromebook can only show 4 recent photographs at once.
How can I get my Android phone to be recognised by my Chromebook?
Your Chromebook and Android phone both need to be connected to the same Google account. Keep Bluetooth turned on for both of your devices other from that. Set up the Phone Hub from Settings at this time. You can use our guide to follow the specific instructions.
Can I upload pictures from my smartphone to my Chromebook?
Yes, you may view and download all of your images using photos.google.com via the Chrome browser in addition to Phone Hub. Additionally, you can transfer images by connecting your iPhone to the Chromebook.
See Recent Photos From Android Phones on Chromebook
To enable Phone Hub on your Chromebook and see recent images from your Android phone, follow these instructions. Although I enjoy how it was done, I think it would have been better if Google had given you access to more than 4 photos. It is irritating and less useful because of the meagre restriction of only 4 photos. That’s all we have to say, though. We have a helpful guide posted here if you wish to enable the new Chrome OS launcher on your Chromebook. Additionally, use our tutorial to activate the hiddenTrash function (Recycle Bin) on your Chromebook. Finally, let us know in the comments section below if you have any queries.