You may occasionally want to watch TV but be unable to locate the remote. The Fire TV remote is a particular culprit because it is so little and quickly disappears from view. So don’t worry if you’ve misplaced your Fire TV Stick remote and are searching for a temporary solution to control your TV. We have several options for controlling Fire TV Stick here without a remote. On that note, let’s investigate all the Fire TV management options without WiFi or a remote control.
Lost Your Fire TV Remote? Here are the Solutions
For a variety of situations, we have listed solutions. We also offer a solution if you don’t have WiFi at home and have lost your Fire TV remote. From the menu below, you can access all of the solutions.
Control Fire TV Stick with Your Phone
1. There is nothing to be concerned about if you misplaced your Fire TV remote. On your Fire TV, you may simply explore and play content by using just your smartphone. Install the free Amazon Fire TV app for Android or iOS, then sign into your Amazon account.
2. Your smartphone will automatically identify the TV when you sign in. Touch it. The Fire TV and your smartphone must both be connected to the same WiFi network for this method to operate.
3. At this point, you must input the 4-digit code that is visible on your Fire TV screen. Enter it and move forward.
4. The final screen has a user interface that closely resembles the Fire TV remote. You can access Settings, navigate using the arrow keys, call Alexa, adjust the volume, and pretty much all other functions that are available on the remote. That was very simple, right?
Use the Amazon Fire TV App without WiFi
You can still use the Fire TV app for remote navigation if your home doesn’t have WiFi by manually setting up a WiFi hotspot. Two smartphones are required for this setup—one for using the Fire TV app and the other for setting up a WiFi hotspot.
On the smartphone where you want to create a WiFi hotspot, first enter the Settings menu. Go to WiFi and Network, Hotspots, and Tethering, and then WiFi Hotspot. In this case, change the hotspot’s name to the identical WiFi network that your Fire TV was previously connected to.
2. In a similar vein, use the same password as the last network. The equivalent configuration will enable Fire TV to connect to the WiFi hotspot without user involvement.
3. After setting up the WiFi hotspot, restart your TV and turn it on. The newly established hotspot and the TV should instantly connect.
4. Switch to a different smartphone, join the same WiFi network, download the free Amazon Fire TV app for Android or iOS, and sign in using your Amazon account. The app will now scan for and identify your Fire TV.
5. Click on it now, type in the code shown on your TV, and you’re done. You possess the same navigational and functional abilities as your misplaced Fire TV remote.
Use Alexa to Remotely Navigate Fire TV Stick
1. You can utilise your Alexa-powered speaker to play content on your Fire TV if you have one in your home. Simply tell Alexa to play X on my Fire TV, and it will obey your commands. You can find a variety of Alexa instructions in the post we’ve linked to.
2. Keep in mind that your Fire TV and Alexa speaker must be connected to the same WiFi network in order for this to work.
Control Fire TV Stick with Your TV Remote
Not many people are aware of this, but you can control a Fire TV Stick with your television’s remote. You did hear correctly. Modern TVs have a function called HDMI-CEC that enables communication between various HDMI-connected devices. When you click a button on your TV remote, the HDMI-CEC protocol is used to transmit the commands to the Fire TV.
In conclusion, you can actually use the TV remote to access and use a lot of your Fire TV menus. Although casting, for instance, is not supported, you can still perform all the necessary tasks in the event that your Fire TV remote is lost.
Use Keyboard and Mouse to Control Fire TV Stick
Connect your computer’s keyboard and mouse to the Fire TV if none of the ways mentioned above didn’t work for you because you didn’t have WiFi, another smartphone, or a TV remote. Both a cable and wireless keyboard and mouse can be connected to your TV, and both operate perfectly. As Fire TV Sticks only have one micro USB connector, you might need to purchase an Amazon micro USB splitter ($6).
Use an Old Fire TV Stick Remote
You could still have an old Fire TV Stick remote laying around if you’ve ever used one. Fortunately, you can connect any Fire TV Stick control, even one from a previous model, to your stick.
The process to pair the remote with your Fire TV stick may vary depending on its generation. On the official Amazon support page, you can find comprehensive instructions for pairing your Fire TV Stick remote with your device (visit).
Buy a New Remote
You have no choice but to get a new Fire TV remote if you misplaced your remote control and tried everything else without success. The first-generation Alexa Voice Remote is available from Amazon for $27.99. It works with every Fire TV model, from the first to the third generation. So take this TV remote and start using it. If you’re looking for a more affordable Fire Stick replacement remote, check out the article we’ve linked to; you’ll find lots of possibilities there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Do I Do If I Lost My Fire Stick Remote?
You can manage Fire Stick without a remote by installing the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone. To discover how to set up the app and Fire Stick, refer to the directions we provided above.
Q. Can I Use My Fire Stick Without a Remote?
Yes, Fire Stick may be used without a remote in a variety of ways. To discover more about all the techniques, see our guide from above.
Q. Do You Need WiFi for Amazon Fire TV to Work?
Yes, WiFi is required for Amazon Fire TV to function. You can construct a hotspot on another smartphone and set up a shared network if your home doesn’t have a WiFi network. To learn more about the procedure in depth, use our second method.
Q. Can I Replace My Fire TV Remote?
Yes, there are a number of alternatives to the Fire TV remote. Simply read through our last section to find both Amazon and third-party remotes.
Q. How Do I Pair a New Fire Stick Remote Without the Old One?
To get some navigation capability on your Fire Stick, you must first configure the Amazon Fire TV software. After that, select Settings Bluetooth Devices and Remotes. Fire TV remotes from Amazon New Remote Added The updated remote must now be linked with the Fire Stick by pressing and holding the Home key for 10 seconds.
Learn How to Control Fire Stick Without Remote
These are a few of the methods for managing and controlling a Fire TV Stick without a remote. The Amazon Fire TV app would be more than adequate for the majority of users, but for flawless navigation, you need to be connected to a public WiFi network. That’s all we have to say, though. Please let us know if you are having any problems by leaving a comment below. We’ll make every effort to assist you. Don’t forget to read our post comparing Fire TV with Android TV to determine whether you should keep using your current device or upgrade.