The programme frequently crashing out has been a problem for Snapchat for a long time, with many users frequently complaining about it. Some claim that Snapchat keeps crashing on iPhones shortly after debut, while others claim that the programme frequently freezes while in use and shuts down on its own. In any case, it is very annoying and requires a quick solution. But don’t worry; we’ve identified 10 efficient solutions to the Snapchat not working on iPhone problem. So, try using these tricks to restart the social networking app!
10 Tips to Fix Snapchat Crashing Issue on iPhone
What Could be Causing Snapchat to Crash on your iPhone?
First things first: app crashes on iPhones, or really any smartphone, are a typical occurrence. Therefore, you shouldn’t worry about it too much. Deep investigation is required to determine why Snapchat’s crashing problem has persisted for so long.
Perhaps after numerous attempts, Snap has been unable to identify the flaws at the root of the problem. Perhaps the social networking programme requires periodic cleaning, and neglecting to do so causes the issue. Or perhaps a secret iOS bug is acting up and ruining things. Not to add, your VPN service may be obstructing things as well.
It’s difficult to identify a specific weakness given the myriad possible causes. So, in order to investigate and resolve Snapchat’s persistent crashing issue, we will test out a number of approaches.
Force Kill Snapchat and Relaunch It
I always force quit a programme when it looks to be acting strangely in order to fix the problem. This simple yet effective method frequently works. Giving it a shot is harmless because it only takes a few seconds to attempt and won’t harm your data.
- On iPhone with home button: Double-press the home button to bring up the App Switcher. After that, swipe up on the app card to force kill the app.
- On iPhone without home button: Swipe up from the home bar and hold along the middle of the screen to access the App Switcher. Then, swipe up on the app card to force kill the app.
Clear Snapchat History
Try deleting the cache if Snapchat is still crashing on your iPhone. There is a significant likelihood that the buildup of cached data may be the root of the crashing problem if it has been a while since you cleaned out this social networking software. Therefore, be careful to erase the history, which could not only make the app function more efficiently but also help you reclaim some valuable space on your iOS device.
- Open Snapchat on your iOS device -> your profile at the top left -> Settings icon at the top right.
- Now, head over to the Account Actions section and hit Clear Cache. Now, a popup will show up informing you that it would wipe out all the caches and also restart Snapchat. Bother not, your memories backup will remain secure.
Restarting your iPhone may also assist get rid of errant glitches and bugs, so you should give that a shot. To switch your iPhone off and then back on, simply press and hold the power button (or the power button and the volume up button on iPhones with Face ID).
Hard Reset Your iPhone
When you perform a hard reset on your iPhone, some cache and temporary files are removed, which frequently resolves typical iOS problems like freezing and crashing. As a result, you shouldn’t overlook this vital troubleshooter.
Apple iPhone 8 and Later Hard Reset
- Press and quickly release the volume up button. Then, press and quickly release the volume down button. After that, hold down the power button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
using the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- Hold down the volume down button and side button at once until the Apple logo pops up on the screen.
For iPhone SE 1st generation, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, and Earlier
- Press and hold the home button and side/top button simultaneously until the Apple logo comes up on the screen.
Enable Background App Refresh for Snapchat
Apps are able to check for updates and new material in the background when background app refresh is enabled. It not only enables apps to function properly but also keeps them current with the most recent information.
Even though background app refresh consumes a lot of data and draws a lot of power, you should always use it to provide some of the most resource-intensive apps the smooth performance they require. In this situation, I advise enabling background Snapchat refresh. There is no need to worry about rapid battery loss or the use of a lot of cellular data because iOS gives you the necessary control over which apps should/shouldn’t reload.
- Go to Settings app on iPhone -> General -> Background App Refresh -> find Snapchat and then turn on the toggle next to it.
Update Snapchat on Your iPhone
Snapchat often releases updates to address various problems and enhance performance. Therefore, it’s preferable to update the programme to make sure it can function properly. If you haven’t updated the social networking app in a while, the issue can be brought on by the out-of-date version. SnapChat’s most recent update can solve a variety of problems.
- Navigate to App Store on your iPhone -> Profile at the top right -> Update All section. Now, find Snapchat and then hit the Update button located right next to it.
Check Snapchat Server to Ensure It s Not Facing Outage
It would be worthwhile to check Snapchat’s server to make sure it isn’t experiencing an outage if the app keeps crashing on your iOS device. Go to Downdetector.com to verify the status of Snapchat’s servers. Simply type Snapchat into the search bar and press Enter. The website will shortly offer updates on the app’s status. There is little you can do if the social networking app is unavailable other than wait for the problem to be fixed.
Disable VPN on Your iPhone
On your iOS device, do you use a VPN service? If so, consider disconnecting the VPN service since it might be preventing Snapchat from connecting to the internet.
- Head over to Settings app on your device -> General -> VPN & Device Management -> VPN. Now, disable the VPN service.
- Next, open Snapchat to see if the crashing issue has been resolved.
Delete Third-Party Snapchat Apps
Try removing all of your recently installed third-party Snapchat apps, such as Z: Make Friends on Snapchat (free) and Swipr (free), as these could be the source of your problems.
Delete and Reinstall Snapchat
To remove an app, tap and hold it, then select Delete App and Delete.
- Tap and hold the Snapchat icon on the home screen -> Remove App in the menu -> Delete App. Finally, hit Delete to confirm the deletion of the social networking app.
- Now, head into App Store, search for Snapchat and install Snapchat again.
- Once Snapchat has reinstalled, open the app and sign in to your account. After that, use the app for sometime to figure out if you have got the better of the crashing issue. Usually, having the latest version of the app solves many problems.
Reinstalling an app after removing it has traditionally been a reasonably solid choice for solving persistent app-related problems. Yes, you should do this whenever an app seems to be acting strangely. Be aware that this radical approach will erase all data related to the app before implementing it. As a result, remember to first backup your data.
- Head over to the Settings app on iPhone -> General -> Software Update. Now, allow your device to check for updates. If there is any update available, it will show up.
- Ensure that the device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection and has around 50% battery. Once you have checked off these essential requirements, hit Download and Install.
Solve Snapchat Crashing Issue on iPhone
If Snapchat still behaves poorly, consider updating the iPhone’s OS. The cause of the crashing issue could be an out-of-date version of the software or a secret defect.