With more than 500 million active users each month, Snapchat has established a strong presence in the messaging and photo-sharing market. Snapchat has you covered whether you want to give the occasional life update or keep in touch with close friends via Snapstreaks. However, Snapchat periodically experiences problems, just like the majority of apps. Here are the eight greatest remedies for Snapchat that you may try if it isn’t functioning properly on your phone.
8 Tips to Fix Snapchat Not Working (2022)
Check If Snapchat Service Is Down
It’s always a good idea to see if the service is down if Snapchat all of a sudden stops functioning on your end. Since Snapchat doesn’t provide a live status page that updates in real-time, you can check out websites like Downdetector to see whether other users are having problems with the app. Additionally, you might follow Snapchat’s official support account on Twitter, where the firm tweets alerts about downtimes and server failures.
Close Snapchat and Re-Login
The next best option, if the Snapchat service is operating normally, is to close and restart the app. Simply swipe on the Snapchat card in the recent apps switcher to exit the application. You could log out of your account and back in again to your account to re-sync all of your discussions if that does not resolve the problem and the app is still not working. Follow these instructions to accomplish that on your Android or iOS device:
- Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji (or profile) icon at the top-left corner of the screen. From the profile page, tap the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page and tap on Logout . After that, tap on Logout again in the pop-up prompt to confirm your action.
Restart Your iPhone or Android Phone
Restarting your phone is one simple troubleshooting step you should try before continuing. Even though it may seem obvious, a simple restart will frequently resolve problems if the application won’t launch or function as intended. If rebooting your phone and accessing the Snapchat app still doesn’t fix the problem, try one of the alternative fixes suggested below.
Check Your Internet Connection
Checking your internet connection is a further underutilised remedy. It’s possible that you were unaware that your network provider was experiencing momentary connectivity problems, that you had used up all of your allotted data, or that you simply forgot to turn on network data. If Snaps are having trouble loading on your Wi-Fi network, you can also try switching to mobile data. Follow the instructions in our linked guide to get your friends’ Snapstreak returned if the problem persists.
Force Restart Snapchat App
The programme may occasionally resume functioning normally after being restarted. If that didn’t help, here’s how you can force the Snapchat app to close on an Android device:
1. Long-press the Snapchat app icon, then select the I option from the context menu that appears. Press Force stop to forcibly exit Snapchat from the App Info screen that now appears.
Note: Depending on the Android skin you are using, such as MIUI, One UI, or another, the path you can take in the Settings app on your Android smartphone may alter significantly from what we have listed. For this lesson, we utilised a Pixel 3 XL running Android 12.
2. Select OK to force Snapchat to close when the confirmation window appears. After completing this, try accessing the Snapchat app to check if the problem has been resolved.
Clear Snapchat App Cache
Clearing the app’s cache is another quick fix for the Snapchat not working issue. Only Android smartphones have the cache clearing option. The app on your iPhone needs to be removed and then installed again. Following that, let’s take a look at how it operates:
1. To open the App Info page, long-click the Snapchat app icon and press the I button. Tap on Storage & Cache now.
2. Tap on Clear cache to get rid of the app’s cache that is kept on your smartphone when the Storage screen appears. Open Snapchat and check to see if the issue has been resolved after clearing the cache.
Update Snapchat App
You may not be able to access new Snapchat features because you are using an outdated version of the messaging service. The Snapchat app may then be updated from the Google Play Store or the App Store. Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone, touch on your profile image in the top-right corner, and then select Manage apps & devices > Updates available (or tap the Update All button). Open the App Store on your iOS device, then tap on your profile image in the top right corner. On the following screen, click the Update icon next to Snapchat.
The older version of Snapchat may have caused errors that prevented you from seeing certain messages, but updating the app should resolve those problems. If updating the programme didn’t solve the problem, you might also want to try reinstalling it.
Snaps Aren t Sending? Clear Conversations in Snapchat
You have the option to clear the chat if you are unable to open it with a certain individual. Keep in mind that doing so will delete all unsaved Snaps that individual has sent you. To resolve the Snapchat not working issue, please follow the instructions below to clear a conversation.
1. Launch Snapchat and click the Bitmoji (or profile) icon in the upper-left corner of the app. To view Snapchat settings, hit the Settings icon in the top-right corner of your profile screen.
2. Next, choose the option for a clear conversation in the Privacy section by scrolling down to it. Your list of discussions will now appear. To end the discussion, use the X button next to the Snapchat display name.
3. Tap “Clear” to end the Snapchat discussion when you see the confirmation prompt. As stated by the firm, removing a conversation from the feed won’t remove any saved or sent messages associated with it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should you do if Snapchat is down?
Due to network problems, server problems, app crashes, and other reasons, Snapchat may not function. In this article, we’ve covered a few fixes for Snapchat that you can use if it stops working.
What causes Snapchat to crash?
If you install a faulty app update or firmware update on your phone, Snapchat can crash. To prevent the Snapchat app from crashing when you reopen it, you can try updating it from the Play Store or App Store.
What does Snapchat’s Clear Cache do?
Snapchat’s cache makes it simpler to operate the app more quickly. But occasionally, because of cache, you could experience issues with missing messages or messages that don’t send. The clear cache tool gives you a clean chat view by removing all unsaved Snaps that were sent to you. When you remove the cache of the Snapchat app, your backup of Memories and messages will remain intact.
Easy Solutions to Fix Snapchat Not Working Issue
So those are some quick fixes for the Snapchat app on your iOS or Android smartphone if it has stopped functioning. In my experience, anytime I experience app crashes, updating the app almost always resolves the issue. Did any of these clever solutions assist you in resolving the irksome Snapchat not working problem? Please tell us in the comments.