2017 is almost at its conclusion. This year, many new laptops with the newest bells and whistles and a fresh design language appeared on the market. There is a laptop for everyone and for every purpose now that computer technology has made so many strides. As a result, if you’re looking for a laptop, be sure to read our list, which features the top models of the year 2017, broken down into subcategories for your convenience:
Best Gaming Laptop of 2017 Alienware 17 R4
Given that gaming is unquestionably the largest tech community in the world, many businesses have entered the market for gaming laptops. Even though other manufacturers might enter the competition, Alienware still prevails. The Alienware 17 R4 is once again the greatest gaming laptop of the year. The firm has a reputation for producing the best gaming laptops for more than two decades. The 17.3-inch gaming monster has up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM and a GTX 1080. Additionally, it has the K-series SoC, which is overclocked for dynamic gameplay, even though it still contains the 7th generation i7 processor. The Alienware 17 R4 is without a doubt the best gaming laptop that money can buy and is also compatible with VR gaming.
Purchase the $2,700 Alienware 17 R4
- MSI GT83VR If money isn t a constraint, then the MSI GT83VR is practically the most powerful gaming laptop that you can buy. It comes with 2 GTX 1080 GPUs in SLI configuration, as well as a mechanical keyboard for the best-in-class gaming performance. That being said, it is priced ridiculously high at $5,399.
- Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 The ASUS Republic of Gamers series has been setting benchmarks for gaming laptops for a long time, and the Zephyrus GX501 is certainly one of the best laptops from the company. It is a gaming beast with the Max-Q design and an NVIDIA G-Sync 120Hz display. You can get the GTX 1080 variant here for $2,700.
Best Ultrabook Laptop of 2017 Razer Blade Stealth (Late 2017)
Although Razer is a company best recognised for its excellent gaming peripherals, the Blade Stealth represents their entry into the ultrabook market. And what a laptop it is, too. Despite not having the gaming capabilities that many consumers might have anticipated, the Stealth is nonetheless competitive with the greatest laptops and ultrabooks thanks to the brand name. The QHD+ display employs IGZO technology to provide colours that are more vivid and dazzling. It is easy to carry under one arm because it only weighs 2.93 pounds and is 0.52 by 12.6 by 8.1 inches in size. It just received an upgrade to Intel’s 8th-gen processor range, making it one of the year’s fastest and most energy-efficient ultrabooks. Overall, the Blade Stealth, which also embodies Razer’s sense of style, is our choice for the best ultrabook of 2017.
Purchase the $1,399 Razer Blade Stealth.
- Dell XPS 13 I won t deny the fact that the while the Razer Blade Stealth took the award, the XPS 13 was the ultrabook that came the closest to it. The edge-to-edge display in itself is stunning, and it also comes with the newly updated 8th-gen Coffee Lake processors to provide efficient performance. While the awkwardly placed webcam (like the LG Gram) might be a deal breaker to some, the ultrabook is still one of the best options you can buy. You can get the Dell XPS 13 for $1,199.
- HP Spectre 2017 If overall design is what you re looking for, the Spectre 2017 is certainly the king here. The Blade Stealth has a polished feel while the XPS has the best display design, but it is the HP Spectre that really shines (quite literally). Had it not been for the rather expensive price tag of $1,699, the Spectre might even have won the award for the best ultrabook.
Best Convertible (2-in-1) Laptop of 2017 Microsoft Surface Book 2
This year has seen a lot of convertibles emerge, but nothing quite matches the Microsoft Surface Book 2. The 15-inch delivers the most value for the money, although being somewhat more expensive. While nearly all convertible laptops on the market have Intel integrated graphics, the Surface Book 2 has the Nvidia GeForce 1060, allowing you to game while on the go. The Surface Book 2 combines a beautiful aesthetic with productivity thanks to its 8th generation i7 quad-core processor. Oh, and if you want to pair up with our best convertible of the year, the Microsoft Surface Pen ($79.99) is also available.
Purchase a Surface Book 2 ($2,899).
- HP Spectre x360 HP s Spectre line-up has a great design language, and the x360 is no different. Weighing in at 3 pounds, the convertible has a great keyboard and trackpad, a sharp 4K display and an above-average sound system. While the performance of the laptop is at par with the best, the battery life does take a toll thanks to the power-hungry display. Nonetheless, you can get it for $889.
- Lenovo Yoga 920 If you re getting a convertible laptop with a hinge, the Yoga 920 has the best design in the industry for that. A 14 2-in-1 with the 8th-gen i7 processor and 16 gigs of RAM make it a worthy contender. Also, coupled with the Lenovo Active Pen 2 ($24.10), the convertible proves to be great for productivity applications. You can purchase it for $1,658.
Best Chromebook Laptop of 2017 Google Pixelbook
You may think I’m crazy for calling the Pixelbook the best Chromebook, but bear with me. Yes, the Pixelbook may initially appear to be too expensive, but it also includes the best features offered by Google. It can compete head-to-head not just with other Chromebooks but also with the best laptops in the same price range thanks to the one-key Google Assistant, the stunning design, and the best-in-class capabilities. The laptop is one of the first Chromebooks that gives me the impression that ChromeOS can finally replace my daily driver. It is a productivity beast when used in conjunction with the Pixelbook Pen.
Purchase the $999 Google Pixelbook.
- Samsung Chromebook Pro Samsung has been producing Chromebooks for quite a while now, and the Chromebook Pro is one of their best products to date. Featuring a stunning display with a neat and simple design, the Samsung product was actually the first product that brought significant limelight to the ChromeOS, thanks to its touch-heavy inputs and business casual presentation. You can get it here for $499.
- Asus Chromebook Flip While the Chromebook Flip from Asus doesn t have a heavyweight SoC underneath its hood, it certainly does hold its ground. The 12.5 Full-HD touchscreen with the flexible 360-degree hinge lasts you up to 10 hours on a single charge. The simple design is a fan favorite, and you can get the Chromebook for $489.
Best Business Laptop of 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad T470
Business laptops have significantly stricter specifications and higher productivity levels than typical consumer laptops. The ThinkPad T470 from Lenovo will help the ThinkPad brand maintain its reputation as the best business laptops, as it has for a long time. The ThinkPad T470 is a productivity worker’s dream computer because it is constructed with the well-known but stylish raven-black robust design, with a quick PCIe SSD and an amazing battery life of over 17 hours, a superb keyboard, and every available port.
Purchase a ThinkPad T470 ($1,879).
- Apple MacBook Pro with Touchbar Many people still prefer Apple s ecosystem for all their work-related tasks. For such users, the MacBook Pro is probably the best laptop that money can get them. While the laptop is nowhere as durable as the ThinkPad, macOS in itself proves to be quite sufficient for many users and their productive work. Oh, and with the new touch bar on the laptop, you can take your productivity to heights you never knew. You can get the laptop for $2,679.
- HP EliteBook x360 HP s winning streak with premium design continues with the EliteBook x360 G2, which makes it one of the most stunning business machines out there. The HP EliteBook x360 s great keyboard, stunning looks, long battery life and variety of security features make it one of the best business 2-in-1 laptops. You can buy it for $2,499.
Best Budget Laptop of 2017 Acer Swift 1
Not everyone want a laptop with extreme power. Some customers merely need a cheap laptop for web browsing and other basic functions. Even though ChromeOS has many possibilities, some users still prefer to utilise Windows for their daily duties. The Acer Swift 1 is probably your best option in that regard. The Acer Swift 1 is the only low-cost laptop with a full-HD display, while storage space can be increased with an SD card. The laptop, which stands tall at 13.3 inches and establishes a standard in the affordable category, is our choice for the best budget laptop of 2017 because of how much value you get for your money.
Purchase the $319 Acer Swift 1
Inspiron 11 i3162 from Dell
The Dell Inspiron 11 i3162 is a great option if you’re wanting to get a budget-friendly laptop for your children to use at home. It features an 11.6-inch screen, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, and is powered by an Intel Celeron N3060 processor. All of this is available for only $190.
IBM ThinkPad 120s
What Are Your Picks For The Best Laptops of 2017?
Even though it only has 2GB of RAM, this inexpensive Lenovo laptop is more than adequate for daily chores. The laptop has 32GB of built-in storage and can be expanded with a microSD card. It is powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 processor. Additionally, unlike most cheap laptops, this one has both a USB-C port and an HDMI port. This little champ costs only $193.