Discussions in Discord channels have a tendency to grow heated rapidly. Server administrators have a handy option called slow mode to restrict the volume of messages in a Discord channel, while the messaging app now includes a new feature called Discord Threads to establish a distinct feed for particular topics. Everything you need to know about Discord‘s slow mode and how to enable or disable it on your server has been covered in this post.
Discord Slow Mode Explained (2022)
A feature in Discord called slow mode was created with big servers in mind. The featurelets server administrators specify a cooldown timer for active channels, as the name implies. Once enabled, users cannot send new messages until the countdown timer has finished. To enable or disable slow mode, server administrators need the Manage Channel privilege.
It’s important to note that administrators are exempt from slow mode. Even on channels when slow mode is active, admins can continue delivering messages as usual. In reality, in addition to the server owner, anyone with Manage Channel, Manage Messages, or Administrator authorization is immune to the timeout.
1. Click on the Settings gear icon next to the channel’s name when your Discord server is open.
2. You have the ability to modify the slow mode duration in the Overview section. There are options starting at 5 seconds and going all the way up to 6 hours. To save the timer, select the duration that works best for your channel and click Save Changes.
3. As shown in the figure below, the channel will now enter slow mode, and users must wait until the predetermined countdown has passed before sending a message. As previously indicated, the countdown timer does not affect server owners, administrators, or users with the Manage Channel authority.
1. To access settings, click the gear icon next to the channel name.
2. Set the slow mode duration to Off and then click Save Changes. There it is. You’ve been successful in turning off the slow mode setting. Now everyone on the server can continue sending messages in the channel as usual.
1. Long-press the channel you want to enable slow mode on while the server is open. Tap Edit Channel on the pop-up menu that has just appeared.
2. When you discover Slowmode, scroll down and adjust the cooldown timer to your liking. In a similar vein, turning off the cooldown disables slow mode in your channel. To make adjustments after enabling or disabling slow mode, click the Save floating action button.
What does Discord‘s slow mode entail?
A server member must wait until the slow mode functionality is enabled before sending a new message. On Discord channels, the function is accessible.
How can I disable the slow mode in Discord?
Only those who are server administrators or have the Manage Channel access can disable slow mode.
Who is immune to the slow mode setting in Discord?
The server owner, administrators, and users with the permission to manage channels or messages are exempt from the slow mode option.
Try Slow Mode in Active Discord Channels
That’s all there is to know about Discord slow mode, then. We hope this article was helpful if you were wondering why you couldn’t regularly submit messages in a Discord conversation. If Discord is a new platform for you, make sure to read our tutorial on installing Discord themes and the finest Discord themes you should use.