The COVID-19 epidemic caused a dramatic increase in demand for video conferencing services. Zoomsky quickly rose to the top and all of its competitors flocked to the scene since everyone was caged up and working from home. Messenger Rooms were announced by Facebook in May of this year. They have no time constraints and can support up to 50 users simultaneously.
At the time, the social media company also disclosed that it would include Messenger Rooms into WhatsApp and Instagram. The integration is already active in the mobile beta versions of Instagram and WhatsApp. However, Facebook is currently rolling out the integration of Messenger Rooms through the WhatsApp Web and Desktop apps.
To build your Messenger Room, simply select a button on the Whatsapp Webinterface. But in the end, you have to visit Facebook’s website to finish the setup. Simply said, it will spare you the discomfort of a few extra clicks. Continue reading to find out how to set up a Messenger Room on WhatsApp Web:
How to Create Messenger Rooms via WhatsApp Web
Make sure your WhatsApp Web is up to current and running the most recent version #2.2031.4 before completing the procedures below. To update your web release, simply refresh the page. If you haven’t updated the website in a while, you might receive a notification for the same. Now, perform the following actions:
1. Launch WhatsApp Web (or the desktop application) and select the three dots in the upper-left corner.
2. Sandwiched between the New Group and Profile options, you will see a newCreate Room option.
3. Both group and individual chats now include a new Room symbol in the attachments section.
4. To see the Continue in Messenger pop-up, pick one of the two options in Steps (2) or (3).
5. You will be sent to Facebook Messenger to finish configuring the Room. If you didn’t previously know, WhatsApp is just providing users with a direct shortcut to Messenger Rooms for those who want to video or voice call a larger group of pals.
6. A Create Room as [Facebook name] option will appear, and tapping it will prompt you to grant access to the camera and microphone. Your Messenger Room is now ready. Simply invite participants using the provided link, and have a meeting with up to 50 people. If the invite link is leaked, we do advise you to enter the Lock Room and See all participants sections to prevent unauthorised individuals from zoom bombing your session.
More than 8 friends can now effortlessly create a Messenger Room and participate in a video call. Filters, games, and other features are integrated into Messenger Rooms in the apps. Details about are available right here.